In the cherry blossom's shade, there's no such thing as a stranger... Issa













October 17, 2010

30 day blog challenge- days 1-7

So... I figured this would be a perfect way to start blogging... with a challenge, found here at Kate's blog.


Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts


Hey There! My name is Renae and I'll be 29 in a few weeks (YAY!). I have a beautiful 4 month old son, Oliver aka Boogie, and a wonderful boyfriend, Shawn aka The Man. I grew up in Colorado, but for last 5 years I've been here in Chicago.


1. I have never broken a bone in my body
2. I got the scar on my forehead from chasing my uncle through the parking lot at Disneyland when I was young... ran into a side mirror on a HUGE truck.
3. I have been working for the same company since I was 20
4. This is my first blog post
5. I love being crafty, I just started an inspiration journal and I love it
6. I use ... why to much when typing, and I will not stop
7. I have a pink shirt and for the last 3 years everytime I take a picture with my lil sister I'm wearing that shirt (so unplanned)
8. Coffee makes me happy
9. I have a love affair with scarves... I buy at least 8 every year
10. I love to buy nail polish, but hardly paint my nails
11. I don't like chocolate ice cream
12. I graduated High School from the same school my parents did
13. I will not keep a pen if it's missing the cap
14. I love white daisies... I think they are better then roses
15. I haven't been in school for years, but LOVE the back to school season... I love looking and all the supplies, I always have.




Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name



My blog name is what it is... oliversinspiredmama. When my son was born 4 months ago, I was suddenly inspired to do all the things I always said I was going to do/start but always made an excuse or couldn't 'find' the time. *hints this post... I've wanted to blog for years, but have been to afraid to start one.




Day 3-Your first love




Ok so...My first love isn't a past boyfriend, he is my very bestest friend... Satwian




I do believe we have many 'soulmates', and this man is one of mine. I couldn't have asked for a better friend. Satwian and I have been friends for about 12 years.




Day 4-Your parents




I LOVE MY PARENTS!! I don't know my parents to be together, the divorced when I was very young... however they both are very special to me. And they are wonderful grandparents to my 'Boogies'. What more could I ask for?




Day 5-Your siblings



I adore my siblings... I am the oldest of 4. I have 2 brothers and a sister.


Esteban is really one of my best friends. We are only a year and 10 days apart!





Domanica is super sweet... always willing to help someone in need.
Here... is the pink shirt I was talking about before... (here are 2 of the 3)


This is the first one (about 5 years ago)

This one is about 2 years ago

Adrien the rebel (or should I say middle child syndrome) I love him just the same





Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy


I have so many pictures that make me happy... but here's a few

Jasmine (my cousins beautiful daughter)

mine and Shawns first date

walks with Oliver

a field of white daisies

colorful fall leaves


Day 7- Favorite Movies
Here is a small list of some of my favorite movies...
Brown Sugar
Where the Heart Is
50 First Dates
The Secret Life of Bees
Forrest Gump
The Holiday
Love Jones


Thanks for stopping by...

Peace and Love
XOXO,
Renae




No comments:

Post a Comment