In the cherry blossom's shade, there's no such thing as a stranger... Issa













November 6, 2010

30 day blog challenge - day 22-27 (catch up)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend... it's beautiful here in Chicago.

I know that Katie's blog challenge was to blog everyday for 30 days... however life got the best of me this past week... so I'm playing catch up today.

Day 22-Favorite city

My heart will always belong to Denver... it's were I grew up and where my family lives... it's beautiful!


But I don't miss the blizzards... we would get 3 feet or more of snow in one night.


However, living in Chicago is amazing. I just love it,  the history and culture. There is always something to do.







Day 23-Favorite vacation

Well I don't really get to go on vacations right now... I didn't when I was younger, and I really can't count going to visit family a 'vacation'. So the last 'real' vacation I went on was about 2 years ago. I spent my birthday in Virginia, on the beach, with a close friend. Now... I was no where warm enough to be in the water, but I was happy that it was freezing cold. It was so fun to find seashells and watch the birds run from the waves. We were really the only ones on the beach... I love the beach!





the waves would come in and cover our feet with sand...





Day 24-Something you've learned

I have learned so much in my years... I know it's cliche, but I do learn something new every day, so much that this list could go on and on... So, here are a few things that I have learned in the past year.

`There is nothing like being a mother
`I really can function on 3 (or less) hours of sleep a night
`Cream in coffee isn't a necessity, it's a treat
`The phrase "you're turning into your mother" isn't a bad thing
`It's ok if the dishes don't get washed before bed (they aren't going anywhere)
`It's not always possible to 'sleep with the baby sleeps'
`Treating yourself to a manicure and pedicure is sometimes a must
`Happy moms do make happy families (something my mom always said, and I really never understood until now)


Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs

I love music... all types of music... and I don't have an actual iPod, but do have a  let's see what 10 songs come up...
~ Sugarland~ Stuck Like Glue
~ John Legend~ Everybody Knows
~ Estelle (with Kayne West)~ American Boy
~ Lauryn Hill~ Everything Is Everything
~ M.I.A~ Paper Planes
~ Nelly Furtado~ I'm Like A Bird
~ Bobby McFerrin~ Don't Worry, Be Happy
~ Alicia Keys (with Jay Z) Empire State Of Mind
~ Deana Carter~ Strawberry Wine
~ Usher (with Lil Jon and Ludacris) Yeah



Day 26-Picture of your family

I come from a HUGE family and have so many pictures of them... here are just a few


My Brother and Dad

My Mom

My Grandparents

My Stepmom, Sister, and Grandma (Memaw)

My Grandparents with their Granddaughters

My little cousin Jasmine (and her super excited smile)

The Man and Booges (still in the belly)

Booges


Day 27-Pets

I always had pets growing up. I don't have any now... one day we'll get Booges a dog... one day!! Here are pictures of my pets I've had in my adult life...

Hannah (aka Pretty Girl Hannah Banana)

Abby (aka Crabby Abby)

Eisha (aka Miss Thing)


Thank you for stopping by...

Peace and Love
XOXO,
Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment